June 20, 2020 Update
When we opened our office in a limited capacity on June 1, 2020, we believed that within two weeks we would be able to bring back our entire staff and return to normal operations. We believed that the cases in Arizona would continue to decrease and that everything would go back to how it was pre COVID-19. However, our beliefs did not become a reality. After 19 days of being reopened we have seen Arizona become one of the states with the most COVID-19 cases per day. Just yesterday we had 2,519 new cases and 32 additional deaths. The curve has not been flattened and we do not feel like it is safe to continue with our re-opening plans.
Earlier this week I notified all patients that we would not be accepting any new patients at this time and that we would be further limiting which patients we see on a day to day basis. As of right now we feel that it is not enough. On June 22th, 2020 we will be once again closing our office for in-person appointments.
We did not come to this decision lightly, but at the end of the day we must take the safety of our staff and patients very seriously. We know that this decision will be hard on our patients and some might not understand why we are doing this when other medical offices are still open. However, we need to do what we think is best for our clinic.
We are still going to be offering online herb consultations and refills for established and new patients. These appointments can be scheduled and paid for on our website chinesedrs.com. Once we feel it is safe to see patients in-person once again we will be sending out a newsletter. If you would like to be added to the waitlist to receive a phone call when we re-open, please reply to this email.
Thank you for your understanding during these hard times. We hope that we will be able to re-open soon.
Remember to stay safe and wear a mask!
June 15th 2020 Update
After being reopened for two weeks we thought that by next week we would have our full staff and be able to see patients six days a week. However, as cases continue to increase in Arizona we do not think this will be possible. Due to this we are not going to be seeing any new patients or established patients that have not seen us in the past two week until further notice. This means that if you have not seen us since before we closed, you will not be able to schedule an appointment at this time. We want patients who have been in to see us to be able to have consistent treatments and right now patients are having to wait a week or sometimes two to get another appointment. We understand that this is not the news patients were hoping for, but until we feel it is safe to fully re-open we will continue with our limited capacity. If you would like to schedule an appointment please call our office and we will get you on our waitlist so that you can get scheduled first once we do fully re-open. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to give us a call or email us at [email protected]
Thank you for your understanding.
Dear valued Great Wall Chinese Medicine patients,
We hope that you, your family, and your friends are all doing well and staying safe. It has been over two months since we have closed our office doors and we are happy to announce that on June 1st, 2020 we are re-opening. However, our office procedures will be different from before the virus. We will begin with seeing patients on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons at our Scottsdale location. From 1:30pm-4:30pm we will see one patient every hour and will be taking the following precautions to make sure that all patients and staff are safe. If you are not comfortable coming into the office, we will still be offering online herb consultations on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturdays, and Sundays. We will give priority to any patients with urgent need for treatment.
- All patients will be asked to sign a "Informed Consent for In-Peron Services During COVID-19 Public Health Crisis". This form is attached below and states the precautions we will be taking, what we expect you to do, as well as guaranteeing that you have not had any COVID-19 related symptoms in the past 14 days. This includes fever, chills, trouble breathing, shortness of breath, cough, etc. If you have any of these symptoms please stay home and get tested, we will be unable to see you in office. However, you can do an online herb consultation with Dr. Xiao to get prescribed herbs for your symptoms
- All staff and patients must wear masks during the duration of treatment. If a patient does not have a mask, one will be provided to them upon entering our office.
- We will not be offering TuiNa massages at this time
- All Acupuncturists and Therapists will be wearing gloves when treating patients and will dispose of them after each patient
- All sheets will be replaced after each patient
- Waiting areas will be closed.
- All patients will be subject to temperature checks
Procedures for patients
- Once a patient arrives to our clinic they must wait in their car and call our office to inform us on your arrival. We will then tell you if it is okay to come inside and will meet you at the door. There you will be given a mask if you do not have one, given hand sanitizer to sanitize your hands, and your temperature will be checked,
- Patients will be walked into their individual treatment room where they will stay for the duration of their visit.
- Patients will fill out the necessary forms inside the treatment room. All treatments will be given in one treatment room.
- If patients need to use the restroom, a staff member must be notified, and the patient will be led to the restroom and back to their treatment room
- After the patient is finished with their treatment all check-out procedures will be completed in their treatment room including payment.
- Patients will then be led back to the front door to exit the building.
We are so excited to re-open our clinic and once again treat patients. We ask for your patience as we make this transition to our new office procedures as this will be a transition period. Also if you are unable to reach us over the phone, please feel free to use our online scheduling software on our website www.chinesedrs.com or send us an email with any questions you may have [email protected]. Click here to book an appointment NOW!
We hope to see you soon!
Great Wall Chinese Medicine